- Death notices are published as a free service for our community. Death notices have a limit of 80 words.
- The purpose of a death notice is to imform the community of the death of a resident and to inform those interested in upcoming services.
- An obituary is a tribute to or keepsake of the deceased. As these are usually written by family and friends who knew the deceased, we recommend that people contact our advertising department for obituaries. For obituary, to include a photo, etc., call 928-282-5580.
- Deadlines for death notices in the Sedona Red Rock News is Monday at 5 p.m., for the Wednesday issue and Wednesday at 5 p.m., for the Friday issue. Submissions made after deadline cannot be considered for publication in that issue.
- The deadline for death notices in the Wednesday issue of The Camp Verde Journal is Thursday at 5 p.m. Submissions made after deadline cannot be considered for publication in that issue.
- The deadline for death notices in the Wednesday issue of the Cottonwood Journal Extra is Monday at 5 p.m. Submissions made after deadline cannot be considered for publication in that issue.
- Send death notices by e-mail to
- Please include death date, city of residence, a list of survivors, services, and where to send donations.
- Make clear the decedent's connection to the Verde Valley, i.e., resident or former resident of a Verde Valley community. Obituaries without a connection will not be published.
- The best digital format for obituaries photos is a jpg, jpeg or tiff file. If sent separately, please indicate on the obituary that there is a separate photo and include the name of the deceased in the subject line of the photo e-mail.
- We will edit all death notices to conform to our house style and 80-word limit.
This is Larson Newspapers house style for death notices. Due to space, all death notices are 80 words are less. For a longer obituary, call 928-282-5580.
First M. Last
Day of death, Month, Date, Year
First Middle Last, age, of city, died Day, Month, Date.
Last was preceded in death by spouse; children; siblings; parents; etc.; and is survived by spouse, of City, St.; son(s) [and wives], of City, State, daughter(s) [and husbands], of City, State; parent(s) [and spouses], of City, State; sibling(s) [and spouses], of City, State; and # of grandchildren, # of great-grandchildren, and # of great-great-grandchildren.
A memorial service/viewing/wake/funeral Mass will take place Day, Month, Date, time, location. Inturment/inurnment/burial takes place at Day, Month, Date, time, location.
Send donations to charity, address.