|Volleyball hopes to compete better|
|Written by Staci Gasser|
|Thursday, 16 August 2012 00:00|
The Camp Verde High School volleyball team has been waiting for the 2012 season after its disappointing season last year.
“The volleyball team hit a wall last year due to the [Arizona Interscholastic Association] changes,” CVHS Athletic Director Mark Showers said. “It was tough for them to qualify for state playoffs.”
Darcy Evans, who is returning for her fourth year as head coach, agreed.
“The schools we played were either way larger or smaller than Camp Verde,” Evans said. “We rarely competed at the same size or same level as us. And that’s how it is going to be this year.”
Evans explained that the team had an up and down season, and it was hard to mentally prepare her girls for the games.
This year, her goal is to have a winning season and keep the adrenaline of the ups the entire season.
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, Aug. 15, issue of the Camp Verde Journal.
Verde Valley Weather
73°F / 104°F
71°F / 103°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements