|Written by Brian Bergner Jr.|
|Thursday, 10 May 2012 00:00|
This coming weekend, 17-year-old Camp Verde High School senior Wilfred Tewawina will make the trip to Prescott to compete in the Division III Golf State Championships. He hopes it’s a better trip than his junior season.
“I haven’t shown what I can do yet. I was very disappointed with my effort last year and this year, I hope to change that,” Tewawina said.
The senior is the only golfer to make the cut for the Cowboys this spring to participate in the state tournament.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, May 8, edition of The Camp Verde Journal.
Recent Articles by Brian Bergner Jr. :
- District 10 title within reach of Majors team
- Junior All-Stars eye title
- Red Sox hand Giants first loss of season
- Camp Verde Angels win Tournament of Champions
- Newell shoots rare double eagle
- Cowboys begin summer hoops
- Torey Braly heading to Northern Arizona
- Camp Verde skipper Steve Hicks resigns
- Marauders compete at Arizona Meet of Champions
- Dan Wall begins new era in Camp Verde hoops