|Written by Brian Bergner Jr.|
|Wednesday, 28 March 2012 18:00|
Bradshaw Mountain High School starting pitcher Kaycee Jones was brilliant Saturday, March 24, shutting down the Marauders in a 3-2 victory.
Jones threw seven innings of three-hit, two-run baseball while walking four and striking out four in the 3-2 win.
Saturday’s one-run loss was Mingus’ third straight defeat in as many games. The Marauders were tied with Bradshaw Mountain at 2-2 through five innings, but the Bears tallied a single run in the top of the sixth, giving them the win.
For the full story, pick up a copy of the Wednesday, March 28, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Brian Bergner Jr. :
- District 10 title within reach of Majors team
- Junior All-Stars eye title
- Red Sox hand Giants first loss of season
- Camp Verde Angels win Tournament of Champions
- Newell shoots rare double eagle
- Cowboys begin summer hoops
- Torey Braly heading to Northern Arizona
- Camp Verde skipper Steve Hicks resigns
- Marauders compete at Arizona Meet of Champions
- Dan Wall begins new era in Camp Verde hoops