|Written by Brian Bergner Jr.|
|Thursday, 26 April 2012 00:00|
The fourth annual Brian Mickelsen Memorial Run/Walk was quite the sight to see Saturday, April 21, with nearly 600 race participants gathering to run in the two-mile, 10K, half and full marathons.
New this year was the full marathon event, with 41 runners going the 26.2-mile distance in Cottonwood in the early morning hours.
Gary Krugger, a 27-year-old Flagstaff resident, was the first to cross the finish line for the full marathon, finishing in 2:56:30.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, April 25, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Brian Bergner Jr. :
- District 10 title within reach of Majors team
- Junior All-Stars eye title
- Red Sox hand Giants first loss of season
- Camp Verde Angels win Tournament of Champions
- Newell shoots rare double eagle
- Cowboys begin summer hoops
- Torey Braly heading to Northern Arizona
- Camp Verde skipper Steve Hicks resigns
- Marauders compete at Arizona Meet of Champions
- Dan Wall begins new era in Camp Verde hoops