|Written by George Werner|
|Wednesday, 16 July 2014 10:25|
After falling a combined 57 seconds short of breaking two freestyle swimming records and making the Division II state swimming finals in November, Mingus Union High School junior Leah Mount had a decision to make.
“The first time, it was actually a big change,” she said. “I was worried how I was going to make friends on the new team, especially during high school season.
“But both teams are really nice. I don’t want to pick one. I only say I have more friends on the Mingus side because I have swum for them longer.”
Ultimately, Mount chose to spend her final offseason with Sedona Red Rock High School’s A. Jay Bronson and the more individualized instruction provided by his USA swimming-affiliated Sedona Swordfish.
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, July 16, issue of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
73°F / 104°F
71°F / 103°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements