|Written by Brian Bergner Jr.|
|Friday, 18 May 2012 00:00|
The girls track and field team at Mingus Union High School earned the program’s first state championship Saturday, May 12, destroying the competition and winning by nearly 40 points.
“The girls did a great job. They really put out a lot of effort, and everything came together for us at the right time,” first-year Mingus Head Coach Yancey DeVore said.
Mingus scored 106 points to win the Division III state title Saturday, outlasting Show Low High School, which was a distant second with 66.33 points.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, May 16, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Brian Bergner Jr. :
- District 10 title within reach of Majors team
- Junior All-Stars eye title
- Red Sox hand Giants first loss of season
- Camp Verde Angels win Tournament of Champions
- Newell shoots rare double eagle
- Cowboys begin summer hoops
- Torey Braly heading to Northern Arizona
- Camp Verde skipper Steve Hicks resigns
- Marauders compete at Arizona Meet of Champions
- Dan Wall begins new era in Camp Verde hoops