|Mingus boys end season; girls win first playoff game|
|Written by Staci Gasser|
|Wednesday, 30 January 2013 00:00|
The Mingus Union boys soccer team ended its season with a good battle after a plague of injuries, but couldn’t get enough power points to make it to the state playoffs.
The Marauders lost their last game of the season at home against the Coconino Panthers [11-3-2], 2-1, on Thursday, Jan. 24, and ended their season 7-7 overall and 4-0 in Division III, Section I, with one of the toughest schedules the team has ever played.
The Marauders finished No. 21 out of the 55 teams in Division III.
“The brackets come out today, but it doesn’t look good,” Marauders Head Coach Cade Densmore said. “Our tough schedule really cost us a ton of power points.”
The top 16 teams play in the postseason.
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, Jan. 30, issue of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 100°F
70°F / 100°F
72°F / 101°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements