|Middle school baseball, softball teams win championships|
|Written by Staci Gasser|
|Wednesday, 01 May 2013 00:00|
The Camp Verde Middle School baseball and softball teams are champions once again.
Both teams won the Verde Valley Athletic Association Baseball and Softball tournaments on Saturday, April 27. The boys beat Big Park 4-2 in the final game at West Sedona School while the girls beat Mayer 15-1 at Oak Creek School.
Both teams dominated the first games of each tournament.
The baseball team faced the Clarkdale-Jerome Mingus Rams and scored six runs in each of the three innings while allowing just one run by the Rams in an 18-1 rout. The Cowboys were in position to score more runs, but a six-run limit per inning was in place.
Just like last year, the Cowboys faced Big Park in the championship game after Big Park beat West Sedona School 15-0 in round one.
The game was a pitchers dual as Ryan Cain of the Cowboys and Randy Rodriguez of the Coyotes were both throwing fire.
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, May 1, issue of the Camp Verde Journal.
Verde Valley Weather
73°F / 104°F
71°F / 103°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements