|Written by George Werner|
|Wednesday, 15 January 2014 10:21|
When Mingus Union High School head boys soccer coach Calvin Behlow feels his team should win, so far they have this year.
“We just play to our strengths and just keep playing our game,” he said. “Hopefully the shots will go in.”
This belief has persisted through a loss Thursday, Jan. 9, at Scottsdale Preparatory Academy, 2-0, as well as an earlier 2-1 loss at Bullhead City Mohave High School.
“The loss to Mohave, it had kind of a funky feel to it,” Behlow said. “There was no stadium, no bleachers - we shared a bench - and it was on a Saturday coming back from school.
“It felt like more of a Sunday tournament game in a park than a for-points game feel.”
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, Jan. 15, issue of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
73°F / 104°F
71°F / 103°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements