|Written by George Werner|
|Wednesday, 02 July 2014 17:55|
A basketball team divided not only stood Friday through Saturday, June 27 through 28, at Camp Verde High School, it conquered.
The results were near-flawless: Nine wins and one loss, by Black to the host Cowboys varsity.
“I split the teams up into one group [Red team] of older kids who had more varsity experience, and a team of more young, less-experienced players,” he said. “I put a few older kids on the Black team for leadership roles. The Black team had come-from-behind wins against both Payson and Hopi high [schools].”
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, July 2, issue of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
73°F / 104°F
71°F / 103°F
72°F / 103°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements