|Marauders crush Scorpions 10-0 in five innings|
|Written by Staci Gasser|
|Wednesday, 27 February 2013 00:00|
The Marauders baseball team started the season in a most idyllic way, but the team has a lot of work to do to be ready for the tough schedule ahead of them, according the Head Coach Bob Young.
Mingus Union [1-0] won its first game of the season, beating the Sedona Red Rock Scorpions [0-1] on Friday, Feb. 22, at Patterson Field. The Marauders ended the game in five innings after scoring their 10th run and keeping the Scorpions scoreless.
“Pitching did well,” Young said. “I was a little disappointed offensively. We were a little slow early in the game, but we picked it up. That is to be expected early in the season.”
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, Feb. 27, issue of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
73°F / 104°F
71°F / 103°F
72°F / 103°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements