|Goettl takes 2nd & Reams 5th at state|
|Written by Staci Gasser|
|Wednesday, 20 February 2013 00:00|
The Mingus Union High School wrestling team was represented by four wrestlers at the state tournament Feb. 8 and 9, in Prescott Valley, but only two were able to place in the tough competition.
Former state placers, seniors Hank Goettl and Chase Reams, both placed in the 2013 Division III State Wrestling Tournament. Goettl placed second in the 152-pound weight class and Reams took fifth in the 160-pound weight class, giving Mingus 40.5 points, good for 22nd place.
Goettl wrestled at 145 pounds for most of the season, but qualified for the state tournament at 152 pounds. Jesus Barrera, from Amphitheater High, beat Goettl in the final championship round, 10-6.
Reams was one win away from the finals, but Andrew Capirchio, from Fountain Hills, pinned him in the second period.
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, Feb. 20, issue of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 102°F
70°F / 100°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements