|Girls allow too many layups in loss|
|Written by Staci Gasser|
|Thursday, 31 January 2013 00:00|
The Mingus Union girls basketball team missed some easy baskets and committed too many fouls in a 66-37 loss to the Prescott Badgers [19-7] at home on Tuesday, Jan. 29.
The Marauders, now 6-17 on the season, felt the effects of missing senior Seairah Ebert, one of their starters, during the Division II, Section II, conference game against the Badgers. Mingus struggled to hit some shots, were out-rebounded by the Badgers and had their top rebounder foul out of the game.
“We were good in spurts, but Prescott is a good team,” Marauders Head Coach Art Moncibaez said. “We passed the ball really well, we didn’t throw the ball away that much and we hit some shots, but we gave away a lot of layups. We tried to press to get a momentum, but they are a good team. They broke the press and made some easy baskets.
“But when you don’t have the people who are playing normally, it’s difficult.”
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, Jan. 30, issue of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 102°F
70°F / 100°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements