|Fledgling SCTA already making mark|
|Written by Staci Gasser|
|Wednesday, 10 April 2013 00:00|
Nearly all of the best tennis players in Sedona and the Verde Valley competed in the first championship matches of the newest tennis association in the area.
The Sedona Community Tennis Association held its inaugural Men’s and Women’s Doubles League Championships on Sunday, April 7, at the Poco Diablo Tennis Courts.
Twenty-three women’s doubles teams and 20 men’s doubles teams from all over the Verde Valley competed in the league that was started on Jan. 31. The teams had eight weeks to compete against each team in their respective divisions. The top four teams of each division then competed in the championships.
The men had two divisions while the women had three divisions.
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, April 10, issue of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 100°F
70°F / 100°F
72°F / 101°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements