|CVHS golfers happy with improvement|
|Written by Christopher Fox Graham|
|Wednesday, 22 May 2013 10:39|
The Cowboys reached their goal on the green this season, and it wasn’t making the state tournament.
The young talent of the Camp Verde High School golf team didn’t qualify either individually or as a team for the state tournament, but they steadily improved, which is exactly what Head Coach Chris Fuller wanted.
“We accomplished our goal of steady improvement, so I am very proud of the kids,” Fuller said.
That improvement is foreshadows greater success over the next couple of years for the Cowboys.
Freshman Joel Beauty ended the season in the No. 1 position, followed by two other freshmen — Vance Tewawina in the No. 2 position and Seth Buikema in No. 3.
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, May 22, issue of the Camp Verde Journal.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 101°F
70°F / 100°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements