|Cowboys shoot down Cougars, 1-0|
|Written by Staci Gasser|
|Wednesday, 03 October 2012 08:47|
The Cowboys are playing tough on the field and not taking their eyes of their goal: the state playoffs.
The Camp Verde High School girls soccer team traveled to Chino Valley territory Sept. 25 and took the Cougars in a Division IV rivalry conference game.
The game was characterized by vigorous fights for the ball and excellent offense by the Cowboys.
“The girls controlled the game with good passes and traps, winning the ball in the air,” CVHS head coach Pat Allen said. “The players really started stepping to the ball. This made a huge difference in the game.”
The score was zero to zero at halftime, and although the Cowboys had numerous shots, none found the back of the net.
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, Oct. 3, issue of the Camp Verde Journal.
Verde Valley Weather
73°F / 104°F
71°F / 103°F
77°F / 104°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements