|Camp Verde stays hot with win over rival Big Park|
|Written by Staci Gasser|
|Wednesday, 16 January 2013 00:00|
The Camp Verde Middle School Cowboys maintained the best record in the league after beating a cross-valley rival for the second time this season. The boys basketball players of Camp Verde won their Thursday, Jan. 10, game at home against the Big Park Coyotes [5-3], 36-31, in a nail-biter. They are now 10-1 with their only loss coming from Clarkdale on Dec. 18.
“I’m so proud of them,” said Donnie Shanks, the Cowboys’ head coach. “They stepped up. We were missing some guys tonight, but they stepped up and were playing hard.”
Drake Smith was the leading scorer for the Cowboys with eight points while Beau Bullard and Ryan Cain each had six, and Easton Braden had four.
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, Jan. 16, issue of the Camp Verde Journal.
Verde Valley Weather
73°F / 103°F
71°F / 102°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements