|All 14 Cowboys wrestlers qualify for state|
|Written by Staci Gasser|
|Wednesday, 13 February 2013 00:00|
The Camp Verde wrestlers are one step away from the state championship.
The Cowboys easily dominated the mats under the mat lamp at the Arizona Interscholastic Association Division IV, Section I state-qualifying tournament on Feb. 2, at Camp Verde High School. Camp Verde had eight first-place champion wrestlers, four who took second place, one who took third place and one who took fourth place in the 14 weight classes.
The Cowboys also won first place as a team with 300 points, easily outdistancing second-place finisher Yuma Catholic’s 182.5 points. Wickenburg finished third with 144 points followed by Parker with 122 points. Twelve teams competed in the tournament.
“The Division IV, Section I state-qualifying tournament was an awesome time for the Cowboys,” Camp Verde wrestling Head Coach Bob Weir said. “The atmosphere in the CVHS gym was exciting, and the Camp Verde parents and spectators helped electrify the wrestlers to go the extra mile for the victory.”
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, Feb. 13, issue of the Camp Verde Journal.
Verde Valley Weather
73°F / 104°F
71°F / 103°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements