|Ferne D. Holmes|
|Written by Staff Reporter|
|Thursday, 17 January 2013 14:04|
Ferne D. Holmes
Aug. 9, 1928 — Jan. 7, 2013
Ferne D. Holmes, 84, of Cottonwood, died Jan. 7.
She was born on Aug. 9, 1928, in Fargo, N.D., to Harold and Aagiot Velline Austin.
She was preceded in death by her husband, John E. Holmes; sisters Geri Beck and Susan Laitsch; and brothers Harold “Bob” Austin and Bob Sheetz.
She is survived by her brother, Tim Sheetz, and her niece and nephew, Jeff Beck and Beth Austin.
Private family services have been held.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 101°F
70°F / 100°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements