|Written by Jeff Wood|
|Thursday, 14 June 2012 00:00|
The Yavapai County Board of Supervisors wasted no time in appointing a successor to outgoing County Administrator Julie Ayers, choosing County Engineer Phil Bourdon to succeed her one day after she handed in her resignation Wednesday, June 6.
The county administrator coordinates countywide administrative departments, serves as staff to the Board of Supervisors, and develops, reviews, presents and administers the county budget.
Ayers will leave her post effective Friday, July 6, to take a position with the city of Peoria as its Human Resources director. She said she was moving to Peoria to be closer to family, with her father, as well as the father of her two teenage sons, living in the Phoenix area.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, June 13, edition of The Camp Verde Journal or the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Jeff Wood :
- Cottonwood city manager wins Zimmerman award
- Technology hits school
- Local National Night Out is state’s biggest
- Dozens arrested in Operation Rx
- Clarkdale hires Randy Taylor as police chief
- Cottonwood City Council looks to save taxi voucher
- Republican congressional candidates visit Verde Valley
- Grant loss may close food bank
- Man fires pistol during robbery
- City strives to fairly apply codes to all