|Written by Jeff Wood|
|Tuesday, 08 May 2012 00:00|
Verde Valley Fire District Fire Chief Nazih Hazime presented a preliminary budget for the 2012-2013 fiscal year to the Verde Valley Fire District Governing Board at a regular meeting April 24.
The budget would take effect starting Sunday, July 1, and calls for an overall reduction in the tax levy while possibly increasing staff and allowing for increases in the cost of living.
Hazime said careful examination of line items, a reduction in fleet costs and retention of reserve staff all helped to produce a projected budget reduction of approximately $117,000. District fleet costs have been reduced by refurbishing an ambulance instead of purchasing a new one and selling three older vehicles, a fire engine, a water tender and an ambulance.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, May 2, edition of The Camp Verde Journal or the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Jeff Wood :
- Cottonwood city manager wins Zimmerman award
- Technology hits school
- Local National Night Out is state’s biggest
- Dozens arrested in Operation Rx
- Clarkdale hires Randy Taylor as police chief
- Cottonwood City Council looks to save taxi voucher
- Republican congressional candidates visit Verde Valley
- Grant loss may close food bank
- Man fires pistol during robbery
- City strives to fairly apply codes to all