|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Monday, 20 August 2012 00:00|
The Verde Villages Property Owners Association is warning residents to be wary when letting their animals loose.
President Margaret Paddock said that there has been an increase in people deliberately setting out poison to kill or injure dogs.
A couple of dogs have already died or been injured, Paddock said.
The perpetrators have been setting out bones, something most dogs have an interest in, soaked in antifreeze.
“It’s horrible,” Paddock said.
Speculating on motives, Paddock said that some people might be upset with others who let their animals off leash to run wild.
“If they were kept on leashes, this wouldn’t happen,” Paddock said.
One owner had to send her animals to a local veterinarian for treatment, Paddock said.
The river area is particularly potentially dangerous, Paddock said, with someone leaving boxes of the poisoned-soaked bones out in the open.
Paddock said she suspects whoever is responsible might also be concerned about coyotes running around the area.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Aug. 15, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Mark Lineberger :
- High-tech gates tested in ditch
- Clarkdale-Jerome School looks at security
- Zipline aims for a June opening
- Rally promotes second amendment
- USGS predicts water shortage
- Pierce promotes cheaper energy
- 25 artists look for a little inspiration on river trip
- Town reviews intersection
- Partnership to discuss water in the Verde Valley
- German swipes Camp Verde mayor's seat from Burnside