|Written by Lu Stitt|
|Saturday, 12 January 2013 00:00|
Like many children who watch a television show or go to a movie and think about becoming a performer, Andrew Benassi decided to make it happen.
He used to dance around and create performances for his grandparents. But then, when he was in the sixth grade at Cottonwood Middle School, Benassi tried out for and won a part in Missoula Children’s Theater’s performance of “Robinson Crusoe.”
“That’s what did it for me. I loved it. It was my first time acting in a stage performance,” Benassi said. “Lots of kids talk about it, but when I was in that play I knew it was something I really wanted to do with my life.”
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Jan. 9, edition of The Camp Verde Journal or the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 102°F
70°F / 100°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements