|Written by Lu Stitt|
|Wednesday, 02 January 2013 15:26|
Two brothers, two years apart who share a first name and haircut also share their choice of career. Christopher Kyl and Christopher Cody Chartier, who use their middle names, will serve in the U.S. Army.
Pfc. Kyl Chartier has already been in for 18 months. Cody Chartier is a senior at Sedona Red Rock High School and will leave for basic training two weeks after his graduation Wednesday, May 22. Kyl Chartier graduated from SRRHS in 2010.
“When I went to Kyl’s graduation from basic at Fort Sill, [Okla.], I decided to look into the Army more and found out there were a lot of things I can do through the Army. I’m already signed up and leave for basic training also at Fort Sill,” Cody Chartier said. “I’m kind of, more or less, following in my brother’s footsteps,” Chartier will serve as a health care specialist or combat medic. Kyl Chartier is in communications systems.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Jan. 2, edition of The Camp Verde Journal or the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Lu Stitt :
- Car enthusiasts revved up and ready to road trip
- Verde Valley teen accepts invite to appear on Ellen DeGeneres Show
- Band announces its new conductor
- Two brothers exchange jeans for camouflage
- New Year’s resolutions? Sure, not a problem
- Simple steps allow us to beat holiday blues
- Tour peeks into Clarkdale’s history
- Circle of Friends concert celebrates joy of holidays
- Harmonizing for the holidays
- Benefit set for singin’ cowboy fighting cancer