|Two brothers exchange jeans for camouflage|
|Written by Lu Stitt|
|Wednesday, 02 January 2013 15:26|
Two brothers, two years apart who share a first name and haircut also share their choice of career. Christopher Kyl and Christopher Cody Chartier, who use their middle names, will serve in the U.S. Army.
Pfc. Kyl Chartier has already been in for 18 months. Cody Chartier is a senior at Sedona Red Rock High School and will leave for basic training two weeks after his graduation Wednesday, May 22. Kyl Chartier graduated from SRRHS in 2010.
“When I went to Kyl’s graduation from basic at Fort Sill, [Okla.], I decided to look into the Army more and found out there were a lot of things I can do through the Army. I’m already signed up and leave for basic training also at Fort Sill,” Cody Chartier said. “I’m kind of, more or less, following in my brother’s footsteps,” Chartier will serve as a health care specialist or combat medic. Kyl Chartier is in communications systems.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Jan. 2, edition of The Camp Verde Journal or the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 100°F
70°F / 100°F
72°F / 101°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements