|Written by Jeff Wood|
|Thursday, 09 August 2012 00:00|
Two Cottonwood-Oak Creek School District staff members gave presentations at the inaugural Digital Learning Showcase on July 24 and 25 at Yavapai College in Prescott.
COCSD IT Director Mark Luffman gave a presentation on the use of Google apps for education, and Technology Integration Coach Kathy Epperson presented information about virtual field trips and simulations to staff and teachers from throughout Yavapai County.
The showcase was designed to demonstrate how changes in technology will affect classrooms in the future.
The event was hosted by the Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium, a group of educational stakeholders whose goal is to bring broadband into districts and charter schools in Yavapai County.
For the full story, please see the Wednesday, Aug. 8, issue of the Cottonwood Journal-Extra.
Recent Articles by Jeff Wood :
- Cottonwood city manager wins Zimmerman award
- Technology hits school
- Local National Night Out is state’s biggest
- Dozens arrested in Operation Rx
- Clarkdale hires Randy Taylor as police chief
- Cottonwood City Council looks to save taxi voucher
- Republican congressional candidates visit Verde Valley
- Grant loss may close food bank
- Man fires pistol during robbery
- City strives to fairly apply codes to all