|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Monday, 10 September 2012 00:00|
The municipal swimming pool at the Cottonwood Aquatic Center will stay open through most of September.
While the pool will be open on weekdays, the hours will be very limited.
The pool will only be open from 11 a.m. to noon for lap swimming.
To keep the pool open, the Cottonwood Parks and Recreation Department will be charging an extra fee.
The monthly charge will be $30 for members of the aquatic center and $60 for nonmembers.
The money will cover the cost of staffing the pool during the lap swim hour, including the presence of lifeguards on duty, said Hezekiah Allen, a representative of the Cottonwood Parks and Recreation Department.
The pool closed down normal operating hours Tuesday, Sept. 4. The new additional lap hours will be held Monday through Friday through Friday, Sept. 28.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Sept. 5, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Mark Lineberger :
- High-tech gates tested in ditch
- Clarkdale-Jerome School looks at security
- Zipline aims for a June opening
- Rally promotes second amendment
- USGS predicts water shortage
- Pierce promotes cheaper energy
- 25 artists look for a little inspiration on river trip
- Town reviews intersection
- Partnership to discuss water in the Verde Valley
- German swipes Camp Verde mayor's seat from Burnside