|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Friday, 25 May 2012 16:00|
The approaching end of a journey was celebrated May 17 in a special Thursday morning assembly at the Camp Verde Unified School District’s Multi-Use Complex.
It was marked with the remembrance and public display of four or more years of accumulated inside jokes, the recollection of fond shared memories and perhaps the occasional bittersweet feeling that old friends may soon be parting ways for new horizons.
However, it was clear the overwhelming emotion was one of excitement and relief that “We’re finally getting out of this place.”
The Camp Verde High School’s Class of 2012 will be turning the tassel Friday, May 25, at 7 p.m., in the ceremonial recognition they’ve survived high school. They even get a nice diploma as a bonus.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, May 23, edition of The Camp Verde Journal.
Recent Articles by Mark Lineberger :
- Author Richard Corey tells a tale of Lily & her pups
- High-tech gates tested in ditch
- Clarkdale-Jerome School looks at security
- Zipline aims for a June opening
- Rally promotes second amendment
- USGS predicts water shortage
- Pierce promotes cheaper energy
- 25 artists look for a little inspiration on river trip
- Town reviews intersection
- Partnership to discuss water in the Verde Valley