|Written by Jeff Wood|
|Saturday, 05 May 2012 00:00|
Old Town was smokin’ hot April 28, when a barn fire ignited near the Sizzlin’ Salsa street party.
The fire started around 1:30 p.m. in the 1000 block of North Main Street, quickly engulfing a barn and adjoining shed, with embers igniting brush fires in nearby fields.
The Cottonwood Fire Department, Clarkdale Fire Distract, Jerome Fire Department, Verde Valley Fire District, Arizona State Parks and the Verde Valley ambulance company sent vehicles and personnel to battle the blaze.
Firefighters brought the flames under control within 20 minutes — but not without concern about the fire spreading to nearby mobile homes and outbuildings, or the start of a wildfire near the river.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, May 2, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Jeff Wood :
- Cottonwood city manager wins Zimmerman award
- Technology hits school
- Local National Night Out is state’s biggest
- Dozens arrested in Operation Rx
- Clarkdale hires Randy Taylor as police chief
- Cottonwood City Council looks to save taxi voucher
- Republican congressional candidates visit Verde Valley
- Grant loss may close food bank
- Man fires pistol during robbery
- City strives to fairly apply codes to all