|Written by Christopher Fox Graham|
|Friday, 22 February 2013 00:00|
After a student signs up for a school sport, suiting up in uniform isn’t the next step — first they need a physical.
So about a year ago, she began offering free health care exams for uninsured children at Spirit of Joy Lutheran Church, 330 Scenic Drive, in Clarkdale. Albright, a national board certified nurse practitioner, holds the event from 9 a.m. to noon on the fourth Saturday of the month. The next clinic is Saturday, Feb. 23. Signs mark the walk-in event and no appointment is needed.
Thus far, Albright said turnout has been minimal, so she’s hoping to get the word out about the free exams, especially to help those parents who can’t afford health insurance for their children. The free clinic is for more than just sports physicals.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Feb. 20, edition of The Camp Verde Journal or the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Christopher Fox Graham :
- Cottonwood man killed, 3 others injured in head-on
- Mars One project raises questions about selflessness
- Head-on collision closes Cornville Road
- Biden, McCain talk guns, terrorism, economy at Sedona Forum
- Vice President Biden, Sen. McCain at forum in Sedona
- Momentum for an art museum builds
- Nonprofits anticipate Arizona Gives Day
- Young wrestlers bring home state titles
- Nurse offers free physicals for uninsured children
- Congresswoman Ann Kirkpatrick visits Verde Valley