|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Friday, 22 February 2013 14:36|
There’s a new executive director at the Verde Valley Humane Society, the group that operates the Adopt For Life Center for Animals in Cottonwood.
Barbie Bridge has taken on the position and is hoping to generate interest in planned fundraising efforts this year that the shelter depends on to maintain operations. The humane society’s board hired Bridge last month after a brief search following the resignation of former Executive Director Gary DeGeronimo at the end of 2012.
Bridge has called the Verde Valley home for decades and has some experience in running organizations, having served as director of the Camp Verde Chamber of Commerce about a decade ago.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Feb. 20, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Mark Lineberger :
- High-tech gates tested in ditch
- Clarkdale-Jerome School looks at security
- Zipline aims for a June opening
- Rally promotes second amendment
- USGS predicts water shortage
- Pierce promotes cheaper energy
- 25 artists look for a little inspiration on river trip
- Town reviews intersection
- Partnership to discuss water in the Verde Valley
- German swipes Camp Verde mayor's seat from Burnside