|Written by Jeff Wood|
|Wednesday, 21 March 2012 00:00|
Mountain View Preparatory Elementary School will graduate to a new site next year.
The school is ready to move from its home at the Dr. Daniel Bright Elementary School campus due to capacity enrollment and a substantial waiting list. It will move to the site of the former Tavasci Elementary School for the 2012-2013 school year.
Mountain View, based on the international baccalaureate program, currently serves nearly 200 students, with another 100 on the waiting list.
“It’s been a big success,” Cottonwood-Oak Creek School District Superintendent Barbara U’Ren said. “It struck a chord with the community.”
For the full story, pick up a copy of the Wednesday, March 14, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Jeff Wood :
- Cottonwood city manager wins Zimmerman award
- Technology hits school
- Local National Night Out is state’s biggest
- Dozens arrested in Operation Rx
- Clarkdale hires Randy Taylor as police chief
- Cottonwood City Council looks to save taxi voucher
- Republican congressional candidates visit Verde Valley
- Grant loss may close food bank
- Man fires pistol during robbery
- City strives to fairly apply codes to all