|Written by Jeff Wood|
|Tuesday, 15 May 2012 00:00|
Mingus Union High School art students won the top two scholarships, swept an entire category and placed or earned honorable mention in many more at the Northern Arizona Watercolor Society’s Student Art Show held April 28 and 29 at Sedona Red Rock High School.
Students Geni Alagna and Dezmond Epperson won the two top senior scholarship awards of $500 after submitting three works of art to be judged by professional artists.
Clarissa Zavalsa took first place, Hillary Naughton second, Tina Van Der Horst third, and Zac Ramirez, Rachael Rebout, and Whitney Encosty all received honorable mention in drawing.
The competition drew middle and high school students from nearly 15 high schools in Flagstaff, Sedona, Cottonwood and Camp Verde.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, May 9, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Jeff Wood :
- Cottonwood city manager wins Zimmerman award
- Technology hits school
- Local National Night Out is state’s biggest
- Dozens arrested in Operation Rx
- Clarkdale hires Randy Taylor as police chief
- Cottonwood City Council looks to save taxi voucher
- Republican congressional candidates visit Verde Valley
- Grant loss may close food bank
- Man fires pistol during robbery
- City strives to fairly apply codes to all