|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Monday, 18 February 2013 00:00|
The Camp Verde Marshal’s Office is looking for volunteers to step up and provide ideas and potential opportunities for fundraising to build a memorial to Jake, the K-9 who died late last year.
Jake, a Czechoslovakian Shepard, died suddenly while he was preparing with his partner, Sgt. Oscar Berrelez, for their night shift. Jake was examined by a local veterinarian who believes the sudden death was due to natural causes.
Jake was the first dog in the K-9 program for the Camp Verde Marshal’s Office. A January 2005 graduate of the Adlerhorst Police Dog School in Riverside County, Calif., Jake earned his certification in narcotics detection.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Feb. 13, edition of The Camp Verde Journal.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 102°F
70°F / 100°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements