|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Friday, 08 March 2013 00:00|
Two candidates for Camp Verde Mayor discussed their positions in a forum sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Greater Verde Valley on Thursday, Feb. 28, at the Camp Verde Unified School District Multi-Use Complex.
Mayor Bob Burnside said he has enjoyed the experience and if re-elected, would be the first mayor elected three times to office since the town incorporated in 1986.
Charlie German, a former educator, school board member, local fire chief and member appointed to the Camp Verde Town Council, said he decided to run after many members of the community approached him asking him to run for the office.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, March 6, edition of The Camp Verde Journal.
Recent Articles by Mark Lineberger :
- High-tech gates tested in ditch
- Clarkdale-Jerome School looks at security
- Zipline aims for a June opening
- Rally promotes second amendment
- USGS predicts water shortage
- Pierce promotes cheaper energy
- 25 artists look for a little inspiration on river trip
- Town reviews intersection
- Partnership to discuss water in the Verde Valley
- German swipes Camp Verde mayor's seat from Burnside