|Written by Jeff Wood|
|Thursday, 19 July 2012 00:00|
An armed man fired a shot with a semiautomatic handgun while robbing a gas station in the 800 block of South Main Street during the early morning hours Thursday, July 12.
According to the Cottonwood Police Department, employees of the gas station said a Hispanic or dark-skinned Caucasian man wearing blue jeans, a blue and white flannel shirt, a blue bandanna over his face, dark glasses and a dark-colored hoodie entered the store at about 2 a.m., brandished a handgun, demanded money and fired a shot into a wall.
Employees gave the man approximately $70 from the cash register, and the man fled toward Camino Real.
No one was injured during the robbery.
Police searched the area but were unable to locate the suspect.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, July 18, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
73°F / 104°F
71°F / 103°F
77°F / 104°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements