|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Monday, 11 June 2012 00:00|
For the last 12-and-a-half years, Gerry Laurito has sat behind the director’s desk at the Camp Verde Community Library.
Laurito will be sitting there until late June, when Kathy Hellman, the new library director, takes over.
Laurito’s not leaving the library, however. He’ll still be there, working mostly up front with the public.
“I just figured it was time for a change,” Laurito said. “I didn’t want to get burned out, and I felt like it was time to recharge my batteries.”
It was years ago in the 1970s that Laurito, a Pennsylvania native, got a job as a clerk working part-time in an Erie library.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, June 6, edition of The Camp Verde Journal.
Recent Articles by Mark Lineberger :
- High-tech gates tested in ditch
- Clarkdale-Jerome School looks at security
- Zipline aims for a June opening
- Rally promotes second amendment
- USGS predicts water shortage
- Pierce promotes cheaper energy
- 25 artists look for a little inspiration on river trip
- Town reviews intersection
- Partnership to discuss water in the Verde Valley
- German swipes Camp Verde mayor's seat from Burnside