|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Thursday, 23 January 2014 12:04|
Water is life. In the Southwest, it’s always been somewhat of a contentious issue over who has the rights to it.
The Colorado River provides about 41 percent of that water. Another 40 percent comes from groundwater pumping and about 16 percent comes from in-state rivers and streams.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Jan. 22, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 100°F
70°F / 100°F
72°F / 101°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements