|Written by Jeff Wood|
|Saturday, 24 March 2012 00:00|
Organic vegetables, fresh herbs, seniors working alongside children — these were part of Verde Valley Senior Center Executive Director Elaine Bremner’s vision.
Thanks to Verde Valley Leadership and a donation from Verde Valley Medical Center, Bremner’s vision will soon become reality, with the construction of a greenhouse on the senior center’s property.
The structure will help the senior center reach its goals of “keeping [seniors] healthy, active and interested,” Bremner said.
Bremner said the building of nearly 350 square feet will provide nutritious, organic produce for local seniors, primarily through the center’s Meals-on-Wheels program, which delivers cooked meals.
For the full story, pick up a copy of the Wednesday, March 21, edition of The Camp Verde Journal or the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Jeff Wood :
- Cottonwood city manager wins Zimmerman award
- Technology hits school
- Local National Night Out is state’s biggest
- Dozens arrested in Operation Rx
- Clarkdale hires Randy Taylor as police chief
- Cottonwood City Council looks to save taxi voucher
- Republican congressional candidates visit Verde Valley
- Grant loss may close food bank
- Man fires pistol during robbery
- City strives to fairly apply codes to all