|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Thursday, 31 January 2013 10:09|
A 5-year-old boy in the Verde Valley died this month after complications from influenza.
Yavapai County Community Health Services did not identify the child but confirmed that his death was the first influenza-related death in the county in three years. The risk to others is minimal in this specific case, according to the agency.
“At this time, [Community Health Services] has no evidence that anyone is at increased risk of serious illness or death as a result of being exposed to this case,” the county reported in a statement last week.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Jan. 30, edition of The Camp Verde Journal or the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Mark Lineberger :
- High-tech gates tested in ditch
- Clarkdale-Jerome School looks at security
- Zipline aims for a June opening
- Rally promotes second amendment
- USGS predicts water shortage
- Pierce promotes cheaper energy
- 25 artists look for a little inspiration on river trip
- Town reviews intersection
- Partnership to discuss water in the Verde Valley
- German swipes Camp Verde mayor's seat from Burnside