|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Wednesday, 01 September 2010 00:00|
The 54th annual Fort Verde Days, set for Friday Oct. 8, through Sunday, Oct. 10, is right around the corner and organizing is in full swing.
Still, organizers are reaching out to the community for the help and participation needed to make the event a success.
The event still has spots open for any vendors. Insurance is not as much as an issue since the Camp Verde Town Council approved a blanket insurance policy for large groups of vendors for events on town property.
ickets for the carnival are good for one day and unlimited rides. They cost $18 if bought in advance, $25 per day at the event.
Then there’s the parade. The theme this year is Fort Verde Days Traditions.
The grand marshals selection for this year’s parade was different this year. There are six of them, and they’re all former residents who have died. The grand marshals are Pete Shill, Tom Neilson, Dr. John Taylor, Wilford Lacey, Lois Hall and Dr. Enoch B. Ketcherside. Organizers are looking for any family members of these grand marshals to take place in the parade.
For more information, call 300-7077.
Recent Articles by Mark Lineberger :
- High-tech gates tested in ditch
- Clarkdale-Jerome School looks at security
- Zipline aims for a June opening
- Rally promotes second amendment
- USGS predicts water shortage
- Pierce promotes cheaper energy
- 25 artists look for a little inspiration on river trip
- Town reviews intersection
- Partnership to discuss water in the Verde Valley
- German swipes Camp Verde mayor's seat from Burnside