|Written by Jeff Wood|
|Friday, 06 July 2012 00:00|
Like many local kids, 9-year-old Dylan Russett will be traveling to southern California this summer, looking forward to a trip to Universal Studios and the Hollywood Wax Museum.
Unlike most kids, though, Dylan will also have an opportunity to become a household name when he auditions for TV shows on Nickelodeon and the Disney Channel, a new show starring Reba McEntire and a feature film or two.
Dylan and his mother are leaving for a two month adventure — and a calculated risk — on Wednesday, July 18.
“You’ve got to take chances. You’ve got to go for it and do your best,” Dylan’s mom, Maree Russett said.
Dylan said acting makes him feel happy and excited.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, July 4, edition of The Camp Verde Journal or the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Jeff Wood :
- Cottonwood city manager wins Zimmerman award
- Technology hits school
- Local National Night Out is state’s biggest
- Dozens arrested in Operation Rx
- Clarkdale hires Randy Taylor as police chief
- Cottonwood City Council looks to save taxi voucher
- Republican congressional candidates visit Verde Valley
- Grant loss may close food bank
- Man fires pistol during robbery
- City strives to fairly apply codes to all