|Written by Jeff Wood|
|Friday, 16 March 2012 19:00|
Duane Kirby, 82, a former member of the Yavapai County Board of Supervisors and Cottonwood City Council, died March 3.
Kirby served on the board from 1981 to 1984 and the council from 2007 to 2011.
Cottonwood Mayor Diane Jones said Kirby was a strong advocate for children and the elderly, serving on the Northern Arizona Council of Governments committees for both Head Start and the Area Agency on Aging.
For the full story, pick up a copy of the Wednesday, March 14, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
71°F / 102°F
70°F / 100°F
72°F / 102°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements