|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Friday, 23 March 2012 00:00|
The Camp Verde Fire District has a new man in the assistant chief position.
Dave Niehuis, most recently with the Montezuma-Rimrock Fire District, started his new job March 12.
The move comes after a bit of reshuffling in the district that used to have a fire chief, deputy chief and assistant chief.
The assistant chief position was left vacant in 2008 following a retirement. When former Deputy Chief Clayton Young stepped up to become the head chief following the retirement of Fire Chief Phil Harbeson in 2010, the deputy chief’s position was eliminated.
With Young and his staff managing the workload of both the chief and assistant chief, the district turned to Niehuis to become the new assistant chief.
For the full story, pick up a copy of the Wednesday, March 21, edition of The Camp Verde Journal.
Recent Articles by Mark Lineberger :
- High-tech gates tested in ditch
- Clarkdale-Jerome School looks at security
- Zipline aims for a June opening
- Rally promotes second amendment
- USGS predicts water shortage
- Pierce promotes cheaper energy
- 25 artists look for a little inspiration on river trip
- Town reviews intersection
- Partnership to discuss water in the Verde Valley
- German swipes Camp Verde mayor's seat from Burnside