|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Friday, 23 March 2012 00:00|
The Camp Verde Fire District has a new man in the assistant chief position.
Dave Niehuis, most recently with the Montezuma-Rimrock Fire District, started his new job March 12.
The move comes after a bit of reshuffling in the district that used to have a fire chief, deputy chief and assistant chief.
The assistant chief position was left vacant in 2008 following a retirement. When former Deputy Chief Clayton Young stepped up to become the head chief following the retirement of Fire Chief Phil Harbeson in 2010, the deputy chief’s position was eliminated.
With Young and his staff managing the workload of both the chief and assistant chief, the district turned to Niehuis to become the new assistant chief.
For the full story, pick up a copy of the Wednesday, March 21, edition of The Camp Verde Journal.
Verde Valley Weather
73°F / 104°F
71°F / 103°F
72°F / 103°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements