|Written by Lu Stitt|
|Friday, 07 September 2012 00:00|
People will need to look down the road instead of in the clouds to find the source of the rumble heard in Cottonwood the weekend of Friday through Sunday, Sept. 14 to 16.
The rumble is coming from thousands of motorcycles taking part in the 12th annual Thunder Valley Rally.
“We’re looking forward to putting on this event for our community and the visitors who come to enjoy it. It’s been with us in the parks and recreation department for two years now. It used to be a Cliff Castle Casino Hotel event,” said Hezekiah Allen, a spokesman with the parks and recreation department. “Now we’ve taken the lead and the hotel is helping assist us to carry the torch. We’re also very fortunate because all of our businesses support the event. Some are offering specials during the weekend.”
The rally, which has grown over the years to include activities for the whole family, will have a bike show with $2,300 in prize money and a poker run with $4,000 in prize money.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Sept. 5, edition of The Camp Verde Journal or the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Lu Stitt :
- Car enthusiasts revved up and ready to road trip
- Verde Valley teen accepts invite to appear on Ellen DeGeneres Show
- Band announces its new conductor
- Two brothers exchange jeans for camouflage
- New Year’s resolutions? Sure, not a problem
- Simple steps allow us to beat holiday blues
- Tour peeks into Clarkdale’s history
- Circle of Friends concert celebrates joy of holidays
- Harmonizing for the holidays
- Benefit set for singin’ cowboy fighting cancer