|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Wednesday, 20 February 2013 00:00|
Five candidates vying for three open seats on the Cottonwood City Council are expected to attend a candidates’ forum hosted by the Greater Verde Valley League of Women Voters Wednesday, Feb. 20.
The field is made up of three incumbents and two challengers. The incumbents are Vice Mayor Karen Pfeifer, Councilman Tim Elinski and Councilwoman Linda Norman. The challengers for the four-year terms are Randall Garrison and Darold Smith.
The last day to register for the primary election is Wednesday, Feb. 13, while the primary itself is March 12. Ballots will be mailed out the week of Monday, Feb. 18.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Feb. 13, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Mark Lineberger :
- High-tech gates tested in ditch
- Clarkdale-Jerome School looks at security
- Zipline aims for a June opening
- Rally promotes second amendment
- USGS predicts water shortage
- Pierce promotes cheaper energy
- 25 artists look for a little inspiration on river trip
- Town reviews intersection
- Partnership to discuss water in the Verde Valley
- German swipes Camp Verde mayor's seat from Burnside