|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Monday, 28 January 2013 00:00|
A group of town officials, contractors, businesses that specialize in solar power and residents who have switched to solar power in at least part of their homes gathered at the Clark Memorial Clubhouse in Clarkdale Thursday, Jan. 17, to mark a milestone.
The Town of Clarkdale was recently designated an Arizona Solar Community by Arizona SmartPower, a nonprofit organization backed by Arizona Public Service that works to encourage people to switch to using solar power.
The town accepted the “Arizona Solar Challenge” put forward by the organization in March 2011. The goal was to have 5 percent of homes in Clarkdale using solar electric power or solar hot water heaters by 2015, Town Manager Gayle Mabery said.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Jan. 23, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Mark Lineberger :
- Author Richard Corey tells a tale of Lily & her pups
- High-tech gates tested in ditch
- Clarkdale-Jerome School looks at security
- Zipline aims for a June opening
- Rally promotes second amendment
- USGS predicts water shortage
- Pierce promotes cheaper energy
- 25 artists look for a little inspiration on river trip
- Town reviews intersection
- Partnership to discuss water in the Verde Valley