|Written by Jeff Wood|
|Friday, 29 June 2012 00:00|
At a regular meeting June 19, the Cottonwood City Council approved three last-minute measures before the city takes over the Cottonwood Area Transit and Verde Lynx bus systems from the Northern Arizona Intergovernmental Public Transportation Authority on Sunday, July 1.
The council approved the purchase of transit management software and services, the hiring of a second transportation supervisor to work under the transportation manager, and an intergovernmental agreement between the city and ADOT for interim grant funds.
City of Cottonwood Admini-strative Services General Manager Rudy Rodriguez said the requests came so close to the date of the takeover in part because of delays in hiring a transportation manager.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, June 27, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Jeff Wood :
- Cottonwood city manager wins Zimmerman award
- Technology hits school
- Local National Night Out is state’s biggest
- Dozens arrested in Operation Rx
- Clarkdale hires Randy Taylor as police chief
- Cottonwood City Council looks to save taxi voucher
- Republican congressional candidates visit Verde Valley
- Grant loss may close food bank
- Man fires pistol during robbery
- City strives to fairly apply codes to all