|Written by Jeff Wood|
|Friday, 29 June 2012 00:00|
At a regular meeting June 19, the Cottonwood City Council approved three last-minute measures before the city takes over the Cottonwood Area Transit and Verde Lynx bus systems from the Northern Arizona Intergovernmental Public Transportation Authority on Sunday, July 1.
The council approved the purchase of transit management software and services, the hiring of a second transportation supervisor to work under the transportation manager, and an intergovernmental agreement between the city and ADOT for interim grant funds.
City of Cottonwood Admini-strative Services General Manager Rudy Rodriguez said the requests came so close to the date of the takeover in part because of delays in hiring a transportation manager.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, June 27, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
73°F / 104°F
71°F / 103°F
72°F / 103°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements