|Written by Christopher Fox Graham|
|Friday, 01 April 2011 11:17|
The right lane of southbound Interstate 17 south of Sunset Point will be closed most of the day as crews work to clear a cattle truck that crashed around 3:10 a.m. Friday, April 1.
The stretch of I-17 between Sunset Point and Black Canyon City is a steep winding road with many tight curves. The driver reportedly lost control of the truck on one of the curves.
The driver was reportedly uninjured. Approximately 40 head of cattle from Nebraska were aboard the trailer and may have been injured in the rollover.
The Arizona Department of Transportation anticipates at least two 30- to 60-minute closures of the highway during the day.
Drivers traveling from the Verde Valley to Phoenix have the option of two detours:
State Route 260 from Camp Verde to State Route 87, aka the Beeline Highway, to the Phoenix Valley.
State Route 69 from Cordes Junction to Prescott, State Route 89 to Wickenburg, and US 60 to the Phoenix Valley.
ADOT advises drivers to slow down as they approach the crash site and to be alert for equipment and workers.
Recent Articles by Christopher Fox Graham :
- Some advice for the high school graduates of 2013
- CVHS golfers happy with improvement
- Cottonwood man killed, 3 others injured in head-on
- Mars One project raises questions about selflessness
- Head-on collision closes Cornville Road
- Biden, McCain talk guns, terrorism, economy at Sedona Forum
- Vice President Biden, Sen. McCain at forum in Sedona
- Momentum for an art museum builds
- Nonprofits anticipate Arizona Gives Day
- Young wrestlers bring home state titles