|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Friday, 22 June 2012 00:00|
The Town of Camp Verde is looking for solutions to help combat a rash of vandalism on its property over the last few weeks and months.
Most of the damage centers around the town-owned building off of Main Street and ranges from broken windows to burned tables, said Mike Dumas, maintenance foreman with the town’s Parks and Recreation Department.
A cursory inspection reveals some of the damage. Boards cover some of the broken glass panes at the Camp Verde Adult Reading Center. The center of a green picnic table under the town ramada is charred.
Kathy Brezina, director of the reading program, said someone threw a rock through one of the windows.
Someone also apparently injured themselves. Brezina said they discovered a broken window one morning and a pool of blood, specks of which are still visible on the sidewalk.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, June 20, edition of The Camp Verde Journal.
Verde Valley Weather
73°F / 104°F
71°F / 103°F
77°F / 104°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements